since abercrombie an fitch destroys its unsold clothes and wont donate bc poor people wearing their clothes gives them a bad image i say everyone should donate as much abercrombie and fitch brand clothing that you have to homeless shelters so you can simultaneously piss off a shitty company and help those in need
"College as explained to me in high school" vs. "College as experienced firsthand"
- There will be no grades in a class except the midterm and the final, so you have to study hard because failing one test means you fail the class.
- Hey, you guys are working really hard on your third paper, so I'm just going to cancel the final and give everyone a hundred on it.
- In college, class always begins exactly at the scheduled start time. If your class is at 9 AM and you get there at 9:01, the doors will be locked and you'll be out of luck, especially if it's the day of the midterm or final, because then you get a zero.
- Does anyone mind if I start class at 3:35 instead of 3:30? These elevators are really slow and I want to have time for a cigarette before I teach for 90 minutes.
- Every class you miss drops you a full letter grade in college courses.
- You can miss three classes without a penalty, and a few more if you have a Doctor's note. Sorry to be a hardass, but you automatically fail if you miss more than ten days of class.
- If you do have papers, your professors just lecture and put the assignments on the syllabus. You're completely responsible for remembering the deadlines, they won't remind you. All your professors will do is lecture and the rest is up to you.
- Okay, so your next paper is in two weeks! I'll keep reminding you in the interim, but I just want to make sure you have enough time to do it! Let's run through the structure I want to see real quick, and if you have any questions, feel free to email me or come to my office hours!
- You have to use MLA formatting and if you make any mistakes in your citations, it'll be considered plagiarism. You'll be expelled and probably sued.
- Please do not use MLA, it is awful, we use either APA or Chicago here because we are not 14 years old.
- There is no excuse for an absence. NONE.
- I'm really, really, really sorry but it's -18 before windchill and I have to walk two miles to get to class.
- You stay inside and stay safe. Here's what we're reading today. I'll quiz you next week and if you can get a 90% I'll mark you present. I know you live off-campus, do you have food?
- Your advisor is just for academia, not personal problems.
- Are you okay? I haven't seen you in class in two weeks and I know you have depression. I can drop off your work if you'd like. Please call me and tell me how you're doing even if you can't get to class.
- Don't argue. You think this is bad, wait til college.
- You wanna argue, do it in a civil manner. We didn't get here today without 5000 years of healthy debate.
2759) I’ve lost X pounds due to restricting, fasting, and purging, and everyone tells me how “proud” they are of me for not being a whale anymore. The only time I felt loved or that my parents were proud of me was when I was dropping weight. Now that they know of my ED, they constantly blame and criticize me for it. I can’t win. Either way I’m an embarrassment and a failure and I hate myself for it.
If I date you,
I see myself marrying you.
I see myself building with you.
I see myself growing with you.
I don’t date just to pass time.
I’m dating you because I see potential in you.